So much fun! Here's how it works...
- Answer the 11 questions the blogger who nominated you asked.
- Give 11 random facts about yourself
- Nominate 11 bloggers with less than 200 followers
- Create 11 questions for your nominees to answer
Do you have any pets?
I do! A pup named Sammy and a cat named Trixie. I NEVER put pictures of them on the blog.
They are also not spoiled...at all.
What is your favorite restaurant?
Right now it is totally Fleming's. The husband and I love to have special date nights there when we are celebrating birthdays or anniversaries. It is yummy. And the service is great and the lighting romantic.
Looking back, when you were growing up did you think you would be in the place you are now?
No way!! As a kiddo I thought I would be married by 25 and a mom two years later (since that's what my mom did). As a young adult I thought I would be a reporter living in New York or somewhere. It is interesting how your life's path changes and somehow you end up right where you are supposed to be.
Has anyone ever said you look like someone famous?
It's funny I mentioned being a reporter in my last answer. I was once mistaken in the grocery store for one of the local Houston reporters. But no one more famous than a local celebrity.
What is one goal you would like to achieve within the next 3 years?
This is kind of a boring answer, but I would like the husband and I to have our retirement plans and investment strategy in order. We have plans and savings and all that, but I want it to be more organized and I would like us to see a financial planner.
What is your favorite holiday?
Christmas! Hands down. I work at a university and we are closed for a week at Christmas time and it is so wonderful to be able to have built in vacation at that time and really get to kick back and enjoy my family.
If you could hang out with any celebrity who would it be?
Ann Curry. I think she would have so many interesting stories to share.
Snow Bunny or Sun Worshipper?
Sun Worshipper. With sunscreen. Period. I do not like cold toes.
What is your favorite band or singer?
This is a tough one. I like a wide range of music and I am terrible with knowing artists' and bands' names. I will go with Ingrid Michaelson...love her song Be OK.
If you could change one thing about yourself what would it be?
The one thing I struggle with is weight and eating the right portions so I suppose I would have to say I would change my relationship with food.
What is a book you recommend?
The Help. Read it. It is awesome.
11 Random Facts About Me:
- I watch Friends re-runs daily. Every night while I am falling asleep and in the middle of the night if I need my mind to stop racing. I own all the seasons on DVD and watch them in order over and over. The husband loves it. If he says he doesn't, he is lying.
- I met the husband playing darts. We were both in the Houston dart league (don't play us for money). The first thing he ever said to me is, "I'm not losing to the likes of you." He lost (at least that game of darts).
- I am having surgery on Thursday morning. I am not looking forward to it. I am ready to be on the recovery side of this process.
- I love to shop...one of my favorite stores is Pier 1.
- I am both handed. I do random things with random hands...like write with my right, eat with my left, use scissors with my right, brush my teeth with my left. For some things I am completely ambidextrous.
- My dog sleeps in the bed with us, usually in the middle and sometimes with her head on the pillows like a person. I let her do it and find it cute and sweet. Some people think it is not cute and kind of gross. I am okay with that.
- My friend John nicknamed me Ema in college. I decided it needed to only have one m in it since it was short for Emily and Emily only has one m. John spelled it with two m's and he probably still would.
- I have a terrible singing voice, but I love to sing. I try to only do it in private so no one's ears will begin to bleed. I am a considerate singer. It sounds good to me. My dad used to tell me I was a lovely singer...under water.
- I was a complete daddy's girl when I younger. He was awesome dad and I still miss him everyday.
- I wish I could make braids and do cool things with my hair. I can't...I am terrible at all hairstyles except straight, curled with a curling iron or a flat boring pony tail.
- I have only been out of the country 3 times and two of those times I went to Mexico. I am VERY excited about our trip to Italy later in the spring.
Dash of Sunshine
Gourmet and Gamer
Life in the Moment
My Haunted Attic
The Whimsy One
Questions for my nominees to answer:
- What's your favorite childhood memory?
- Where would you vacation right now if money was no object?
- What is your dream job?
- What's your favorite season?
- Chocolate or vanilla?
- How do you pamper yourself?
- What is something you know now that you wish you had known when you were younger?
- What is your favorite sport or hobby?
- Friday night out or Friday night in?
- It's a rainy day...are you watching a movie or reading a book?
- What is your favorite board or card game?