Here is how I changed it up:
- I used only 6 thighs and they were boneless skinless
- No switch on the olive oil or tomatoes
- Instead of Spanish olives, I used kalamata
- I had no shallots so I used an onion
- I substituted dried thyme for fresh
- I used garlic salt and pepper
- I left out the mint; I am not a huge fan of mint in savory foods
- Instead of feta cheese I used goat cheese (and loved the substitution by the way)
- I added garlic, broccoli, and balsamic vinegar
- I marinated the chicken thighs in a mixture of 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar, 3 tablespoons of olive oil and crushed garlic cloves for 5 hours (this could be done longer, even over night)
- I sliced the onion in chunks and made florets from my broccoli
- Spray a corning ware with cooking spray and put in the chicken thighs
- Add all vegetables and garlic
- Drizzle remaining marinade over top
- Sprinkle with garlic salt
- Cook according to directions above, then garnish with crumbed goat cheese
And a side of steamed sugar snap peas.
It made for a tasty dinner.
Sammy also likes chicken, but hers was of the plastic squeaky variety.
If you wanted to follow me on Instagram, you can find me here: http://instagram.com/emadw. You will find lots of pictures of Sammy along with other random things like this quote I stole from a friend on Facebook and love.
Before I go, allow me to point out the Pin It button below my signature (a new addition as of yesterday)...just in case you saw something you might want to remember. Also you can follow me on Pinterest here: http://pinterest.com/emadw/.
Have a fantastic weekend!